If you want to add a book to your reading list which isn't in the Library, you can add it from Amazon and inform your Subject Librarian that you would like the Library to purchase copies at the same time.
- Find the book on Amazon
- Select the book by clicking on the title
- Click on the Add to my Bookmarks bookmarklet in your favourites bar, or click on the Talis Extension icon from the browser extensions menu.
- The reading list software will pop up on your screen with the information to be added to the left. Click on Create & Add to list
- Select the relevant list by clicking on the drop-down arrow underneath Add to list
- At this point you can select which section of the reading list the book should go in
- Set the reading status of the book (Essential, Recommended, Further Reading, Recommended for student purchase) and you can also add a Note to student (e.g. directing them to read a particular chapter or why the book is relevant)
- Add a Note to Library so you can let your Subject Librarian know how many copies to buy, etc.
- Click on OK and you will be taken back to Amazon
- If you want to view the list, return to the reading list tab. You will not see your updates until you refresh the screen/click on F5.